Wednesday, March 18, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge

It has been a long time since I have posted on my blog but I have decided to revive my interest in it (inspired by a blog that I have been following by Jeremy's Flame).  Hoping it will encourage me as well to start stitching again since that has also gone by the wayside.  I'd thought I'd start with posting about my 2015 reading challenge (yes I know it doesn't exactly indicate hope for my cross stitching aspirations!) I did join a reading group on GoodReads thinking there would be other like minded souls and we would encourage each other and talk about books but unfortunately there seems to be very little traffic on the forum and we seem to be talking to ourselves rather than interacting.

I have completed 9 categories so far:
  • A book with more than 500 pages: All The Colours of Darkness by Peter Robinson
  • A book by a female author: Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris
  • A mystery or thriller: Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris
  • A book set in a different country: Memoirs Of A Geisha by Arthur Golden
  • A book a friend recommended: The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
  • A book you can finish in a day: The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway
  • A graphic novel: Jack The Ripper: A Journal of the Whitechapel Murders 1888-1889 by Rick Geary
  • A book by an author you've never read before: The Witch's Ladder by Dana E Donovan
  • A book that was originally written in a different language: 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez 

I am currently reading A book with Magic - Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke which is a 1000 pages long and to be honest I am struggling with it to me there is not enough story to sustain the length but I am still interested in how it is going to wrap up.  Poor Arabella, Stephen and Lady Hope!


No comments: