Friday, June 05, 2009

Seashell Cushion - Complete


It's done, it took about two months, roughly two weeks for each square. I love the bright colours and the outer border in purple and the variegated blue sets it off well. Now it needs to go to Betty, a friend of my mother who is wonderful with a needle and thread I am going to ask her to add the finishing touches and hey presto I will have a cushion for our bathroom. I will post a picture when its ready. I am now working again on my Humphrey Bogart picture I think that once I have done a little more I will post it here I am unsure of how I feel about it I'm not sure about the colours but have been encouraged to continue so I will.

My next big project I am going to do as I said below stitch on evenweave I have picked out a great project called Discovery of the New World with Columbus' ship Santa Marie as the main focus surrounding it will be clouds, the moon and sun and globes representing the world as it was seen in 1442. It looks a striking piece. I am a little nervous about using evenweave so have chosen a small project to get a feel for the fabric first. Let you know how I get on.

No comments: